Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hi to everyone, I'm Lesley Walker and really live down under, the tiny little Island State at the bottom of Australia. My love for scrapping goes back to 2002 after I had my first overseas trip and now I'm totally addicted to it and so is my bank account, like Barbara I'm fortunate that my husband supports me fully and only recently built me a tailor made scrap room to my own dimensions...he is a golfer though so guess it works out pretty even. I'm also addicted to my Cricut and am fast building up a lovely supply of cartridges. I try to use them on every layout or card and could still probably put the to even better use.


My first project for our Cricut World Blog is a layout which is what I call a 'dream world' layout. I do these every now and then, get a fantasy type idea in my head and just go with it.

With this one I've envisaged my daughter looking out the window at her future. She got married on the balcony of a very old heritage building which has beautiful large leadlight windows. So to create it I used the 'Ornamental Iron' cartridge to create that window. I cut the heart shape clear so it would circle her face and appear that she was indeed looking out the window further details on my blog.
Also used 'Ashlyn's Alphabet' cartridge for the Title background, Title and the butterfly below it.

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love that iron window!! Again gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the detail on this, Lesley, The lacy paper,iron window and lacy branch. The title is perfect! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Lesley... what an amazing LO... the window is beautiful and the picture you used in it is perfect! I love all the punching and lacy cuts. The ribbon on the bottom really finishes it nicely. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Absolutely love the creativeness that this entails! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a romantic and creative LO!! Very lacy and feminine. Beautiful bride - must take after her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. **GASP** This is amazing. What a beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gate, that turned out very well. The soft "colours" give the page a dreamy look. Love the frill on the bottom, it pulls all the softness together. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with Marlene. This layout is outstanding!!! I can't wait to see what you girls come up with for this blog. I've added myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunner,pleased to find this blog my cricuts sits in its box..Trish AKA Trishe @scrapbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout! Love how you've made it look like she is looking out that window. So creative!

    ReplyDelete