Wednesday, February 9, 2011


My name is Marlene Murphy, I live on Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula.  I started scrap booking about eight years ago and have had a Cricut since they first came out five years ago.  Cricut is on every one of my projects.  Journaling is also on most of my pages.  I like to use journaling to tell the stories of our family photos.  I do not believe every picture is worth a thousand words, I like to know the what, where, who and why.  You can't always be around to explain.  The page I have done for the Cricut World debut is a perfect example - you can see a boy (a really cute one in my opinion :) in a box.  The journaling fills in the details.  There is a recorder/playback device in the "box" with a button under PULL.  In the clip my son explains his daddy's job, I wish I had the technical savy to imbed the audio.  I hope you enjoy my work and check out the work of the other wonderful designers from this group.  Details of techniques on my blog.

7 comments:

  1. wow!! Marlene this is absolutely awesome...wish I could hear that sound box, you'll have to play it when I ring you up next. You have used your Cricut so well, the theme you've created it amazing and just love the road and cars, definitely a fav and a great way to showcase Cricut useage. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic lo!! I love it!! I love the design and the journaling and everything! Awesome awesome awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fun bright and colorful page! Even cooler that you have a recording of Kyle describing his dad's job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! my! gosh! You have out done yourself on this LO. I love every part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING THIS!!! Absolutely LOVING this! All of the arrows are perfect, the colors are amazing and the box.....what can I say about the box......I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the box with the recorder in it!!! The upside down title is so cute. Love the colors and the story the pictures tell!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much action on this page - it really drew me in to see what else was there. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete