Saturday, February 19, 2011

my three Perkins

Hi Everyone!  It's Michelle again!  I was so blessed when I married into the Perkins family.  Not only did I marry the man of my dreams, I also inherited the world best father in law and some pretty awesome uncles and cousins too :)  In 2007, I met my husbands cousin, Matt, for the very first time.  We had talked on the phone a number of times, but never got to meet in person.  Finally, 9 years after Daniel and I got together, we met!  This was the first time in 10 years that Daniel and Matt got to see each other as well.  I can honestly say, they picked up where they left off.  From the time Daniel got home from work on Friday night to the time Matt left on Sunday morning, they had us all rolling.  This picture was taken right before he left.  I have tried to scrap it a few times and never could figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it.  I pulled it out again the other night and something clicked.  I absolutely love that I am blessed to have a husband like Daniel,  an Uncle Bill and a Matt.....my three Perkins :)





I stepped outside my box a bit for this layout.  I normally use solid card stock for the background, but I really love this Abbey Road line by My Minds Eye.  I used are the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Edge Cherish Punch and the EK Success Binding Edge Punch.  The tickets are Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology Collection and the calender is from the Jillibean Journaling Sprouts collection.  And last but not least, my cricut cuts :)  I used two carts that I haven't used in a LONG time.  One of my goals this year is to use each of my carts at least once.  The font I used for 'my three' is from Jubilee on the runt setting.  'Perkins' is cut from the Robotz cart.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful lo!! I love that you used patterned paper! It really sets the page off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice! All of the details are wonderful and I love the combination of the patterned paper, it goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Robotz font! Really a special picture and beautifully scrapped!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title and the calendar and ticket embellishments grouped together with the note pad paper look back drop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice page, I love the paper combination, and especially like the variation in the fonts, great job mixing up the cartridges like that, looks really good.

    ReplyDelete