Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time for Tags

Hi everyone! It's me, Barbara again, and this time we are talking about tags. I do a lot of swaps and some of them are for tags. I have fallen in love with creating them and thank goodness I have my cricut! I also love lace and pearls so you will see a lot of that with my creations. For both of these tags I used Graphic 45's Once Upon A Springtime collection. Graphic 45 has to be my favorite company. I love their collections! Anyway on with the show.

 For this first project, I used George and Basic Shapes for the tag. Behind the picture of Marie Antoinette is a purple marquee shape with criss cross lines. That is from the French Manor cart. I can't stop using it. Love that cartridge! All the flowers are made by Prima. There's a stick pin at the top to which I added a crystal bead. Not sure you can see it. Then of course there is lace and ribbon.


For the next project, I cut out the tag with the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. Again, behind the picture is the barely seen birdcage from the French Manor cartridge. I love those birdcages. I had to use alcohol inks to dye the flowers to match on this tag. I find myself using those inks a lot lately. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterfly. And the button in the top I found at Joann Fabrics.





Now here they are together.



I hope I have given you some inspiration, and that you will start making tags! They really are fun!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags, very ornate! As always you are in your element when using flowers and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I have never thought of using alcohol inks on flowers. Great results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stunning! Love the use of alchol inks and the FM cart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, great idea to die the flowers to match, love the colour tones on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turquoise and lavender are such beautiful colors together. Great idea to use the inks to die flowers. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete