Thursday, February 10, 2011

You color my world

Hello my name is Monica and I am so proud to be a part of this blog Cricut World!  I am a Georgia Peach raised by a yankee mom!  So I am a southern girl with some northern habits,for instance I say "you guys" instead of "ya'll". Enough about me though! For this first blog post I made a card...I have not always been a fan of card making, but 2 years ago I joined a group and now I am hooked!  They are like a quick craft fix for me!  Usually they do not require the same amount of time to make as a scrapbook page or an altered project.  Of course don't get me wrong, I like all things crafty and will try just about anything!
I got a cricut about 3 years ago, but found that it was a little overwhelming in the beginning, well thanks to these ladies in our cricut group they just helped me over that hump and now I don't do any craft project without the sound of my bug chirping in the background!

For this card I used my cricut cartridge George and Basics for all the circles and Storybook for the scalloped oval.  I inked the edges of the background paper and the scallop oval with tea dye distress ink, stamped the word color in different papers, then pop dotted some of them to the card for dimension, as you can see from my second photo.  I printed out the words "my world" on card stock and then cut them into the little banner shape.  I added machine stitching around the background paper before attaching it to the card. (as you can see I need some more practice with my stitching on paper)  Added 2 colors of bakers twine behind the oval.  This is a tall and skinny card, the measurements are 4 x 8 1/2.  I will make custom envelopes to fit the card since it is an odd shape.  Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow for another great project!

7 comments:

  1. Nice card Monica, love those circles, by using the different papers you have created a unique style of card. Love the size you've created and the pop dots make the title look really good.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the different elements you used on this card as well as the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! I love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the circles and the details on the "color". Very nice cheerful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you popped the letters on the word Color. Such a great pick me up card for whom ever recieves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the bright colors and the style of this! The wording is so fun and playful and the doodling ties it all together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the most beautiful cards!! Love the layers and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete