Friday, February 4, 2011

You Light Up A Room

Hi everyone! Welcome to the debut of the Cricut World blog! My name is Barbara, and I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years. I absolutely love to scrap! I hope we can inspire you and help you put those cricut's and cartridges to more use. For my layout I used four different cartridges. The first is one from my favorite, George and Basic Shapes. I cut the big circle on my layout with George. I use it for circles all the time. The next one is another favorite, Home Decor. I love that flourish! I tend to use it too much. But it's been awhile so I thought, why not? The birdcage is from the French Manor cartridge. And the filigree circle in the bottom right corner is from Straight from the Nest. So, as you can see you can put a lot of different cuts on one page.  The papers are made by Prima and are from the Fairy Flora collection. All of the flowers are made by Prima. I used American Craft Thickers for my title and added some butterflies by using a Martha Stewart punch. The subject of this layout is my adorable grandaughter!! I will never be tired of scrapping that adorable face!  Be sure to stop by tomorrow and you will get to see another fabulous project from the Cricut World team!

11 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors accented by the darker flourish, butterflies, bird cage and flower. The distressed edge really mnake the paper stand out. Beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything Gigi said! This is SUCH a beautiful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And everything that Gigi said, Again! The soft colors are perfect! The butterflies really stand out and make the LO pop! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, this is so soft, love those butterflies and the bird cage, and just look at that gorgeous smile on Kailey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby truly lights up a room with that smile! Beautiful soft colors give this LO a very delicate look. Fabulous as usual for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is just too precious. Everything about it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh!! I am sooooo excited about this blog!! Looking forward to seeing Cricut ideas from different talent all in one spot!! Can't wait to see the next post!! Oh and I am snagging a button on my way out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I forget to mention that I love this layout and all the different cuts you used. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that swirl, too. The heart circle under the corner is absolutely cute and a great design idea. The whole page is well balanced and the small amount of distressing gives dimension and softness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so cute! Love the design you've used and the flourishes from Home Decor`. The flowers are so pretty and really compliment the colors in the layout!

    ReplyDelete