Friday, March 18, 2011

Beauty and the Beast


Finally it is my turn!  This is Donna coming to you from a cold and windy Oklahoma.  The first project this week is a card that doubles as a ticket holder.  You could put money, gift cards, seed packets, pictures, just about anything you want in it.   I used K&Company Life's Journey paper, Disney Dreams Come True cartridge, Sentimentals for the mirror, Indie Art for the rose, Storybook for the title letters, Tim Holtz brick embossing folder, tea dye distress ink, and stickles - gotta have bling!  You will see my style is girly (I have 4 granddaughters and 2 daughters) sparkle everywhere, lots of stuff and for the life of me, I cannot do the negative space thing.  I love vintage, heritage, and pink!  To make this card you need to score a 12x12 paper into quarters.  Then on the bottom two quarters, fold them in a triangle and fold the triangles up toward the remaining 2 square quarters.  Fold in half and you are done.  Hope you enjoy this project as much as I did - let me know how you liked it.  I have a really cool project to show you on Wednesday.  Be there or be square!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is a really nice way to give tickets, etc. Your Belle turned out very well and I love that you put her on the brick. Actually all of your Cricut cuts are perfect, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Well just great. I need two more cricut carts! LOL! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great idea, might have to use this for a card swap monthly theme! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so great, Donna! What an awesome idea to have for gift cards at Christmas time! Great directions and LOVE all the Cricut cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Donna, great technique the way you made the triangles and great job on Belle, really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! you could totally use this for gift cards too. I love this! belle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete