Monday, March 7, 2011

Card #2

Happy Monday, friends!

As promised, I have another card for you today. This one is a thank you card, for a gift I received from a bloggy friend. :)

Last month, we were all waist deep in Valentine's projects floating about here in blog land. I was particularly taken with the kraft/white/red combo that was so popular this year. I used that inspiration on this Thank You card, but in a non-VD kind of way.

I used an A2 white card base, then cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to be 1/4" smaller all the way around. I cut a second piece of Kraft to fit about the top 2/3rds of the card and used my Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder to dry emboss it. It adds some dimension and interest to an otherwise blank section of the card. The "thank" was cut using the Cherry Limeade cartridge. Its one of the Lites that can be found only at Wal-Mart.

I was able to use not ONE, but TWO!!! new (to me) techniques on this card!!! The first is on the U. this U was a plain piece chipboard to start. I used a Perfect Medium pad to coat the entire top of the letter. Then I sprinkled red glitter Zing embossing powder all over it and heat set the powder. I really like how it turned out, but next time I will ink the edges of the letter first OR be sure to cover them with whatever medium I am using to adhere the embossing powder and put powder all around the edges also.
The second technique is that ruffle sticking out of the leopard paper. Its just a piece of tissue paper, like you would put in a gift box! I cut a thin-ish strip right off the big piece of tissue, about an inch and a half wide. Then I used my ATG to run a strip of adhesive along the card, before I adhered the leopard paper. I stuck down the far right edge of the tissue strip- and just pleated it as I went. Sticking each fold down to my adhesive until I got to the other side of the card. It turned out super cute! I will be doing it again for sure!

So there you have it- Card #2! On Wednesday I will have 2 versions of the same card to share with you. :) Hope to see you then!

6 comments:

  1. OK - I am going to get out the tissue paper right now and try it! What a great technique. Great job, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Megan, love your colour theme and 2 great techniques, definitely going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The twine is awesome and the pleating looks amazing!!! Great card, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Megan!!! Your cards are awesome!! Can't wait to see what you post next!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve this card!! You should submit some of your cards to Paper Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the technique you used to do the ruffle, and the ruffle itself is a great accent.

    ReplyDelete