Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For my 2nd lot of designs this week I've decided to post a couple of cards which I've also used the Cricut on extensively.

The first one I did for my 14 yr old niece and she loved it, it is a pedestal card and if you want dimensions for  the design I will be putting them on my blog later in the week.  I used the mini cartridge 'Summer in Paris'.




This is the side view so you can see how it stands up, sorry the photo wasn't all that good, too much light in it but you can see what I mean by the pedestal.
 

The next card was actually a mini book I've just made as my Sister's Birthday Card.  It is just a little book with some nice saying's in it, with 2 pockets that you can identify by the ribbons which are attached to tags and have photos inside them.  This is a really easy little mini book to make and you can make it with or without pockets.  There is only 1 cut involved and a few 'valley and mountain' type folds.  Once again I will put instructions on my blog in a few days as I have to go away and have run out of time to get it done prior to leaving.











I used mainly the 'Paper Lace' Cartridge for the fancy cuts on pages 1 and 2,  the flourishes on page 3, on page 4 the saying is from 'Straight from the Nest',  and the tag behind it is also cut with the Cricut but I must apologise here for not having the cartridge that I got it from, it's soooo late at night right now and I would have to go down to my studio to forage through all my carts to work out which one it was as I forgot to write that down.

On page 3, red background with white embellishments,, these are done by using a Martha Stewart punch and using the right angled corner punch technique.

The last picture is of the envelope I made for the little book.  The lacy design in the middle was again cut using the Paper Lace cartridge, whilst the edge was done with a Martha Stewart Border punch.  The greeting is from Just Because Cards cartridge.

Hope you enjoy looking at these, something different and lots of different cuts from the Cricut.

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful. I'll have to get the instructions for the pedestal card...very fascinating. Thanks...I love your work and appreciate you posting projects where you did use your Cricut a lot. That is what I was wanting to see from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pedistal card. I have never seen one before. That mini book is so cute. Those are great cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pedestal card is very unique. Love the pink polka dots with the black and white striped ribbon. Those colors are perfect for a girl. The bday mini book was so sweet. I bet your sister loved it. That paper lace cart is spot on!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley! Both of these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! That pedestal card is amazing! I have never seen one before! The mini book turned out wonderfully! I cant wait to see what you come up with next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! I love all the cuts!! Fantastic job on these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these projects are so pretty. I really like the pedestal idea and nice execution of the concept.

    ReplyDelete