Sunday, March 13, 2011

Get Well Card

Hello, Marlene again.  For cards for family I like to take a photograph that speaks to me in some kind of humorous way.    I added words with  photo editing software.  There is minimal embellishment on the card front, just enough for a tropical feel.  I always adhere the "decorated" element of the card to a blank so that brad legs, ribbon ends etc. don't show on the inside.   The middle of the bottom of the inside of the blank was marked to use as a guide for the sentiment.  I replaced the blade with a Cricut marker.   With the Cricut set on MID POINT I navigated the blade housing to where I wanted the middle of Get Better and pushed cut.  The outlines of the words were drawn on the blank.  Prisma colored pencils filled in the sentiment.  For the story of the picture, please see my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about the Cricut pens. I love the love but never think about using them. I am learning alot from this blog already. Great job and really cute picture on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Adorable card! Love that you used the pens....I really need to work with mine and figure them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE center point! Great card- and great lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also glad you mentioned the pens, forgot I had some, that greeting looks really good and love the idea of using pics on your cards, tks for the hint on blade placement also.

    ReplyDelete