Monday, March 28, 2011

I can do that with the Cricut

This card is a scraplift of a card featured on Whimsie Doodles Blog.spot.  She used the Whimsie Doodles Sunny Day stamp set.  I love her work , the stamps and the way she colors the stamped images.  They also have digi down loads.  But this time I wanted to see if I could scraplift the card using my Circut as I needed it fast. 

  So I gave it a try and loved the way it came out.  It is a birthday card for one of my Grand Daughters who is turning 7.  I know she will put this in her room and save it for a long time so I wanted it to be over the top special.


I got to play with my Cricut markers also, which I need to do more of since you can add so much to your cuts with them.


To create the stair step base score it 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6" and 8 1/4".  Then fold it like a fan with the first
 section in front of the 1 1/4" going down.

The cupcake was cut with Doodlecharms and is a hot air balloon. I cut it twice and layered this so I could put the strings between the two layers and added Pop Dots , also I did the same thing with the basket.  Every thing else is a single cut. 

The basket and one of the trees is from My Community cart. I used the shadow with all the cuts except the cupcake so they each had a black edge like the black on the clouds

The other two trees are from Mickey and Friends and the Creative Memory cart Cheerful Seasons.

The clouds were outlined with black Cricut markers using Graphically Speaking and then hand cut.

The sun and the green front was hand cut and outlined using watercolor pencils with a blending pen.

I placed my clouds so they could stair step up by attaching the two outside clouds  onto  the trees in the first valley and then moving up towards the sun and the cupcake balloon.  The balloon is raised from the second valley by the clear craft plastic, from Grafix.  The same plastic that Megan used for her clear card.  Enjoy!!!!
Gigi




7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! This is beyond fabulous, Gigi. Can't wait to scraplift this card. Thanks for reminding us to use the Cricut markers - I never think to use them and they do have a really nice effect. The stair step card works really well with a variety of Cricut cuts - looks really impressive and expensive. Love the card and the idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. eee! IT turned out PERFECTLY!!!! Love love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Gigi!!! And where did you find the time???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the nicest card, I've seen. Making very versatile use of the Cricut and multiple carts. I really like the stair step idea and think it's very appropriate for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, will have to do a lift for sure, great job using the cricut cuts as well, it is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS.....IS......AWESOMELY.....AMAZING! OH MY GOSH! Gigi! You did such a wonderfully fantastic job on this. I am going to attempt to make one of these now!

    ReplyDelete