Saturday, March 5, 2011

Its CARDS week!

Hi there, friends! Its Megan here, and i'm posting all week long! Its been card city at my house lately. Thank you cards, congrats cards, thinking of you cards, you name it- I have (or need to) make it. I will have 3 very different cards to post for you this week, so keep coming by!

My first card is a thank you for a very dear friend of mine. I met her online, on the Cricut message board, over 2 years ago. Recently, I had email a few friends, her included, a silly picture of my hubby and our 2 boys. My amazing friend surprised me by having the picture printed, and scrapping it! I was so shocked and excited when I received her package in the mail. I thought it was only appropriate to make her a fantastic card, in return. After much thought, heres what I cooked up-

The base of this card is clear craft plastic, from Grafix. I have done one other card on this clear plastic, after receiving one from another friend. Its really a lot of fun! I used the medium weight plastic, found at my local Michael's, in a package of 4 12x12 sheets. The plastic cuts easily with my Making Memories cutter, and I used my Martha Stewart Score board to score it for folding.

The most difficult part of doing a card like this, is adhering things. I try to layer a lot of stuff, so there isnt a bunch of visible adhesive on the back of the element. If you look at my card- the clouds on are actually on the inside of the front of the card, and 2 of the butterflies are on the outside. I put a glue dot on the back of the butterfly, then a corresponding dot on the front of the cloud, to hide them. The grass and flowers have no layer underneath and are just adhered with my ATG.You can also use Glossy Accents, or something similar, to adhere the elements.

Once my embellishments were all adhered, I used Glossy Accents on all 3 of the butterflies to add a bit of dimension. There is also a tiny dot of Stickles in the flower centers.

I hope you enjoyed this card! Come back on Monday for another one :)

11 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this, so clever. You've done a wonderful job with the glossy accents - you sure you didn't buy those butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Megan, I love, love, love the card. You are so Uber talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! Love the clear plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! Absolutely LOVE it! I never would have thought to use the clear plastic for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just LOVE my card and your words are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a beautiful card. I never thought of using the clear plastic as a base. What a great idea! I love using Glossy Accents and it looks so nice on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, definitely going to try one of these on the acetate, very clever way to hide the glue spots very innovative idea, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!! I love love it!!

    ReplyDelete