Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mailboxes for Easter



I had made Valentine Mailboxes for my older 4 Grandkids and still had a bunch of mailboxes left.  I thought why not an Easter Mailbox instead of a small Easter Basket from Grandma and Grandpa for my younger 2 Grandkids. 

I cut the base pattern paper to fit the mailbox width wise and then marked the rivet holding the flag on the paper.   A small slit and a hole punch made the perfect shape cut out to fit under the flag rivet. I slid the paper under the rivet and started gluing from there.  The 12 inch paper was 3/4 of an inch to short to go all the way around but I made sure that the opening was in an area where it would be covered by the grass cut out.  I used Aleene's tacky glue and a paint brush to apply the glue to the mailbox, working in sections, starting at the rivet area.  I then  smoothed out the paper with a makeup sponge.




   I decided these needed a bow since they were Easter Mailboxes.  I really liked the look of the bow on these mixed with the pink  braid edging that I have had for years.  
I used Celebrate with a Flourish and just cut it apart to make the scene on the mailbox above.  Added Grass from Plantin Schoolbook and eggs from Doodlecharms and A Child's Year.
This end Grasson this one is cut from Mickey and Friends
and the font on both of these mailboxes if from A Child's Year. 
This scene cut in brown glitter paper  is also from A Child's Life with a few extra eggs from added.  These are going to be fun filled with edible grass (yes, they have such a thing) and some chocolate peeps I got while on vacation.  Gigi


10 comments:

  1. OMGosh Gigi these are adorable. I have 2 or 3 mailboxes I may have to scraplift. Love love love these and the bows are perfect.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness....they are so awesome! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, great job and great choice on the cuts used, the last one is my fav, the girls are going to absolutely love these, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute idea and excellent work with all of the details. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these! I so wish I was near a Target so I could scraplift these! It would be so fun for my kiddos for Easter! Girl, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Gigi! These are sooooo cute. Love all the details and glitter paper is perfect. The bows really make them look like Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic!! What a brilliant idea!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think this is a wonderful idea and they turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! WOW....WOW.....WOW! How awesome are these! You (and Megan) have done so well with these mail boxes! What an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete