Saturday, April 9, 2011

Girlfriends

Hello all!  It's Monica, I am finally getting my turn this week on the blog!  So excited to showcase a few layouts that I have created.  When I start scrapping I always make a point to use my cricut for everything I make.  That way I can post it to our group, plus it really challenges me to use my cricut to it fullest potential.  I have actually found that I rarely buy letters or embellishments anymore because I know that I can use my cricut to cut it. 
I have been working for the last 8 months working on an album for my daughter during her high school years.  I am finally coming to the end with only a few more pages left and I am just so thrilled to be getting to the end.  I am finding it harder and harder to get creative with the pages in the book because I am so bored with the photos, but this week I found my creative juices and have been cranking out the pages...I am hoping I will have something to share everyday this week!  So keep coming back to see what I have accomplished!

First up is the layout titled "girlfriends"  I took inspiration from the most recent scrapbooks etc magazine and a layout titled "time out"  I just flipped it on its side.  For lots of texture I took strips of black paper and edged them with my border punches using about 6 different edge punches.  Then glued them directly to the same color paper.  I cut the title from Rock Princess and used George and Basic shapes to cut the cirlces for the lollipop flower and the circle journaling and the circle with ribbons.  Just used my gypsy and put a circle half inch smaller inside each other and welded the shapes.  What I was left with was an inner circle and the thin circle you see on my page. 

Sorry for the photo, I have been out of town this week  and did not have a card reader for my laptop so I had to take the pictures with my iphone and use a free app to edit.  I used photoshop express and was pretty impressed.  Thank goodness I will be home tomorrow so my next post will be a better photo from my camera!  Be sure to come back to see what else I have been creating!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful lo!! I love the design! I may have to lift it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and I love the placement of the circles. Your lollypop flower turned out very well and I love the drama of the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour choice and pp mix, also love the blk b/ground and the lollipop flower, very nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! loving all the layers of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love all the layers and the lollipop flower!

    ReplyDelete