Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here's a few to share

Hello it's Monica again!  I could get used to this blogging think if I was forced to do it on a daily basis!  Haha!  I have a blog too and find that about once a week I update it.  I just think that most days I don't have enough going on in my life to blog about, but I am constantly reading other people's blogs.  It is weird though, since this week is my week to host her at cricut world blog I am finding that I am looking forward to my next post!  I am almost giddy with excitement to share!  Can't explain why, but it is the highlight of my day!
I will not continue to bore you to death with my crazy explanations, I will bring on the layouts!
The first one came together really quickly for me and almost in the dark.  The sun was setting and I was sitting on the patio of my camper using just the camper lights, hoping that the colors would match and they did.  Used graphically speaking to cut the title, used a journaling card with the date, a couple of strips of paper and matting.  Finally I used this zebra pattern paper that I have had forever, always thought it was too busy but it went perfectly with this photo.  You can't tell but the girls shirts have zebra lettering.
 This next one I also did as the light was fading from the sky and again I was hoping for the best with color matching.  The tones were a little different for me to use, but I wanted to give it a try.  I wanted to use these cheerleading stickers from creative imaginations that I received as a secret Santa gift about a year and a half ago from Ria.  I have been waiting for the perfect moment to use them and finally found one.  Did some paper distressing and edge inking, layered it all up.  Cut the initials from blackletter font and called it done.
I hope to see you back tomorrow...I will again have a few more to share!

4 comments:

  1. You are so good at coming up with different ideas for LOs. I like the zebra stripe and the other one has such a good vintage feel. Great job (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both of these pages. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo's!! I am loving these papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages!! Love all the different LO's you are coming up with!

    ReplyDelete