Friday, April 15, 2011

My last one

Hello all!  It's Monica again and today is my last and final post for the week.  I wanted to get this up last night but American Idol came first and then when it was over I couldn't keep my eyes open.  So I ended up just going to bed and forgetting that I wanted to post this page.  It's ok, the good news is I get up early enough to post in the morning.  If I was really smart I would type my post early and set it up, but that would be too easy and I never do things the easy way!  So for my last layout, it was actually the last page I made while I was on my vacation.  I really had a hard time with the photos and placement on the page.  I am again not very happy with the results but my motto is it is done and I am moving on.  Used base camp for "basketball" and printing press for "senior night".  I really like the mix of letters that the printing press cart gives you.  I had tried to weld the words together but it just did not look right.  I layered a few coordinating papers and ribbon and finally added the sticker basketball hoop and ball to the page, I rarely use stickers but I felt this page needed a little something.  Not sure if it made it better, but oh well!  The background paper is actually a solid page with a white border and the black scallop and polka dot center, not sure what company makes it but I have had it forever and never used it.  Trying to make myself use some of my older papers now, I have way too much!
I will be back in 8 short weeks to do this again.  Can't wait, this really motivates me to get so much done!

5 comments:

  1. I like the way this turned out. I especially like the way you stretched smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white dotted paper is a perfect match to the girl's striped socks. The stretched title is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo!! Love theat black paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely page, I really love that font it looks so good with the mixed up lettering, must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple really pops on the black & white polka dot background paper! Another great LO, Monica!! Love everything you posted for your week!

    ReplyDelete