Saturday, April 23, 2011

True Beauty

Hi ladies! It's Barbara again! Boy the time just flew by since my last post. Hope you are ready for Easter. I am hoping it will be warm, but the last two days have been cold here in Virginia. Well, on with the project.

For this layout I used Storybook for the marquee. I used the gypsy and set it for 10 .5 inches for both heighth and width. Then I attached the marquee to a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. Now for the tricky part. I broke out something I haven't used in a long time. I used my scalloped scissors to cut around the marquee. Next I used a white signo pen to dot each scallop. I think it really adds to the look of the marquee. It's not my idea. I recently saw one of GabrielleP's layouts and that is how she did it. It really isn't that difficult and didn't take much practice. For the title I used Plantin Schoolbook. It's one of my favorite fonts.  It's very easy to work with. I like to ink my letters, and some of the smaller fonts make me want to rip my hair out! LOL! All of the papers, with the exception of the cardstock, are made by Prima. I combined the Madeline collection with one paper I had left from the Urban Cosmos collection. The flowers and vines are of course all Prima. The chipboard vine is made by 3tailscraft out of Australia. Be sure to check them out. They have some lovely pieces. The photo is of my grand-daughter. She has become such a ham and runs toward me whenever I have the camera. I can't ever seem to get a whole head in the shot, but who really needs one. I love those eyes!  Ok now for the layout!


Thanks for stopping by and have a very blessed Easter!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what inspiration. Glad I found your blog! I love my Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is GORGEOUS Barbara1 Thanks for the tips on using shaped scissors. They really do add a lot to die cut papers! Your granddaughter is so big and has beautiful blue eyes! Wonderful embellie cluster and overall design!
    ~Amarilys

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a good job doing little girl pages and not using pink! Thanks for reminding me to use the scissors and a white pen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, this is beautiful. Will have to break out those sissors and give the edge a try,it is so stunning. Love the torn edges and, of course, thos stunning flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!!! Love the colors and those flowers! Such a great photo of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Love this technique, gonna have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! beautiful page! I love this. and i cant believe you used those scissors! I gave all mine to the boys, might have to take them back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the colours and those flowers are awesome, beautiful techniques used, and I also love her blog you've done it justice thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Amazing job on the marquee! Now I am wishing I kept my deco edge scissors! Beautiful LO! Love all the edging and flowers!

    ReplyDelete