Saturday, April 16, 2011

You mean the world to me~Cricut Imagine Card

Hi, my name is Emily. I'm so excited to post my first project for the Cricut World Blog!! I created this card for a person I couldn't get through life without. I have to admit that I haven't had too much of a chance to use my Cricut Imagine. I got my Imagine in February and we moved in March. I have not set up all my scrapbooking supplies as of yet and I probably won't. Due to the fact, we are moving again this summer for my husband's job. So with little supplies the Imagine makes it very easy to create a quick card.

For this card I used the Ashlyn's Alphabet Cricut Cartridge for the card base (6 inch cut) and the scalloped ovals (5 and 5 1/4 inch cuts). I colored in the card base with the Better Together Imagine cartridge. I wanted the background paper to match the dress on the girl. The girl and dog (3 inch cut) are also from Better Together. I cut the grass off the image to help it fit onto the oval better. I printed out the sentiment (2 inch cut)  from the same cartridge and cut off the outside layer of the scallop. I double punched a strip using the EK Success Braided Punch. Added a bit of brown twine down the middle as well.   

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The card matches her dress - love it. Really good example of what an Imagine can do. Like it a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! You are going to make me use my Imagine. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, you make me want to get an Imagine, great job and what fabulous use of the Cricut machines, excellent work Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing! I love this!! It almost makes me want the I after all... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cute card! I love how you made the papers match the girls dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can honestly say you are making me want the I even more than before! Amazing card! Love how the sentiment and the picture go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete