Thursday, May 26, 2011

Farmer's Market Tin

This is a fun project my GD and I made one day for some "together time."  I used a Pepperidge Farm cookie tin (the cookies are all gone!) and covered it with fabric.  I applied several coats of Modge Podge to seal the fabric.  All the die cuts are from my Cricut Expression.  I used Animal Kingdom for the cow, pig, chicken and the owl in the tree.  The tree and fence are from Heritage.  The title and grass on the bottom are from Plantin Schoolbook.  I used chalk and walnut Distress Ink for shading and contrast.  The top has fabric flowers and a metal butterfly.  Also added lace and burlap rick rack around the lid.  This is not going to win any scrapbook awards but my GD loves it and thinks it is great!  The time we share with kids and other loved ones while working on crafts is priceless.  Try it some time.    Be back on Tuesday with another project.

I live in NE Oklahoma and am blessed to have survived the tornadoes this week.  My prayers go out to all the people who were affected by the storms.  It was a devastating event that will not soon be forgotten.  Scrapbooking is such a good way to express your emotions whether good or bad.  Love to all......




5 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the fence and all of the animal cut-outs, you did a great job with the pieces. The tin is so cute I think you must keep it filled with cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I LOVE this! Such a great job with all the cuts- and the fabric is adorable. Really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the details are so cute. The fence and grass add so much!! Great paper choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna - This is AMAZING! Wonderful job on all the details & cuts!

    ReplyDelete