Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Juvenile Cards

Hi from Marlene.  My first post is a card I made for a Grandnephew.  It shows that you can use just a little bit of Cricut to add an element or two.  I used a palm from Everyday Paper Dolls Dress Up.  I use that cartridge a lot for the accessories, it is loaded with ordinary items that I am always looking for.  The monster was done using a technique I learned from a Close to My Heart Rep.  I used an acrylic stamp that I bought in Las Vegas last summer.  First I stamped using Staz On Platinum ink then colored him in with Prisma Color Pencils  using three shades each of green and pink.  I lightly rubbed odor free mineral spirits to blend the colors and allowed it to dry.  Next I used Staz On Timber Brown, lined the stamp over the previous imprint and created a dark outline with smooth edges.  I really love the effect.  The inside sentiment used Birthday Bash.



The next card is for the Grandniece.  She and her brother have birthdays a couple weeks apart and I cannot remember which is which so I do them at the same time, leaving it to their mother to get them to the right kid on the right date.  The girl card is heavy on the Cricut cuts and I used Birthday Bash for all of them.

6 comments:

  1. Great cards! :o) Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new technique with the mineral spirits. That birthday cart is so handy for cards. Love the creativity of them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards- but love the monster one best! what a fabulous technique! I have heard about it, but no one ever really explained it. I totally understand now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are way to cute. Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! Absolutely LOVE the monster one!

    ReplyDelete