Gosh am I ever having trouble with blogger, delayed again due to blogger having problems with their dashboard so been down for maintenance, finally up and running.
Well like I promised, something different and thinking outside the square when using the Cricut.
My daughter wanted a quilt for her new born and gave me instructions to make a jungle quilt with the colours that made it look 'jungle like' not pretty with silly coloured animals, so therefore the colours were dictated by that.
I immediately thought of my 'Animal World' cartridge but had never cut fabric on the Cricut before, it did present with a problem because I wasn't confident cutting out the animals with the visoflex (sticky stuff), on the back of it. So I changed my applique method, cut them bigger and allowed a 'tuck under' seam allowance so I rolled the edges under as I did the blanket stitching.
I used a different cartridge for the crocodile but apologise for not naming it because it was a few weeks ago now since I cut them out and have too many carts to search through at this point.
Well I'll put the animal pics up and the full quilt and hopefully it will help some of you to have the courage to do something different.