Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

In honor of Father's day I decided to make a couple of cards with the help of my cricut. I did not have the fathers day cartridge for my cricut so I had to get a little creative with my wording. I managed to find a "dad's day" phrase on Designer Calendar. Added a Happy to it and ta da I had a card! I made 3 cards for each of the "dad's" I was going to see today. The first one up was for my brother in law. He is a banker so I felt that the "shirt and tie" suited him well. I can't remember where I found the card idea from but I think it was Disney's family fun magazine. I remember years ago making a gift bag just like this for my preschoolers to present to their dads.


The next card was for my hubby. We bought him a new Keurig Coffee Pot and my son painted him a coffee cup at the store my daughter works. So to go along with the "coffee" theme I made the card to match. I used Jubilee for the title and graphically speaking for the coffee cup. Distressed the edges and inked them up. On the inside of the card I stamped the word coffee and a little coffee bean across the bottom edge of the card.


The last card is for my dad and I just really loved making it! I can't take complete credit for it, but can't remember the person's blog that I went to for the instructions...sorry! I did google handmade fathers day card under images and this one came up. I used lots of techniques on this card. I dry embossed, inked the edges, cut from my cricut the title, and used glossy accents. It is a wallet! I love the great way to give a gift card. I actually put a little note in there and a Chili's gift card and a $5 bill. For the photo I just put gift cards that I had at home.



I will be back soon with some other fun crafty cricut project!

4 comments:

  1. So creative! What beautiful things we can make with Cricut. Your cards are some of the best ones I have ever seen. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these but my favorite has to be the shirt card!! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever idea and looks like the real deal, extremely innovative well done, love all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing, Monica! Such wonderful cards. Love the wallet card! I may just have to lift that!

    ReplyDelete