Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grandkids


I am very lucky to have 6 Grandkids that range from 18 to 3 years old.  I got this frame a last year with this in mind.  The idea of having mini pages of each grand child all in one frame to use as a wall decoration really appealed to me. 

I tried to capture a little of each ones personality on their mini page...and then bring them all together with the Grandkids title and all the arrows. 

The background piece for the word and arrows is from Home Decor using Design Studio to lenghten it and make it it narrow.  Cut it out of chipboard and then covered that with pattern paper.


The heart came from Plantin Schoolbook and the font from Nursery Rhymes.  Nursery Rhymes is fast becoming one of my favorite fonts.  I had totally forgotten that there is a font chart in the back of the handbook to make it easier to find the letters since they do not show on the overlay...Once I found that it was so much easier to use.



The different arrows were on Accent Essentials, Graphically Speaking, Summer Vacation, Going Places and Don Juan. 



The other items were older supplies that I had in my stash and older papers.  I so enjoy looking at this as I go though my day.

5 comments:

  1. What a creative project! I know how proud you must be of your kids and except you to really enjoy looking at this work of art. I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful! I saw this when you had just started- but it turned out fantastic! I love love lvoe all the arrows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! It's absolutely wonderful!!! So much to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome frame!! All of the arrows really work great together! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! I love how you decorated each little photo differently for each of the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete