Saturday, June 4, 2011



June and Graduation

It is June and for us that means my oldest Grand daughter is turning 18 and graduating all in one week. I saw a card in Paper Crafts Magazine May/ June issue and thought it was such a cute way of holding a gift card or money.

 Money is what I had planned on giving her but then I found out what she really wanted was the Iphone.  Since I had all ready made the card I could not figure out what to do to combine the Bday card and Graduation card together?????  Those phones are expensive and of course hers has to come with a 2 year contact...paid by guess who.  Aww, after much thought I came up with the idea of putting a graduation cap on the 18!!!




I used Hello Kitty Greetings for the clouds and pop dotted one.   Plantain Schoolbook, Roly Poly font for the 18.  Cut it out of cardboard and then layered the pattern paper over it to make it stand out.

I bought myself a set of twine from The Twinery, it comes in so many colors and is a very nice weight, I used that for the clothes line and for the tassel on the hat.  I did not have a cart with the hat on it but I looked on MyCutSearch.com for all the graduation hat images that Cricut had on carts and hand cut this one using their image as a guide.  Now this one is going to have to go in a little box since I put the elements over the edges of the card. 

4 comments:

  1. Very creative Gigi! How clever to combine the bday and the graduation card theme. She is a lucky granddaughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Great idea to add the photo of the iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic card!! I love the 3D effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! SO SO SO cute! Very creative & awesome card!

    ReplyDelete