Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Surf's Up

Well hello everyone and happy Wednesday! It's Monica and today is my last post for the week...was hoping to squeeze in another one tomorrow but with as busy as my week has been more than likely I won't get it done in time!

I participate in a monthly card swap group and we do different themes each month. This month's theme was seasons of the year...naturally since it is summer I was feeling a little summery and decided to break out my Stampin up stamp called Just Surfing. Think I bought this stamp about a year and a half ago and had never used it. I did use my cricut on this card, but for only 1 element...I did however use my gypsy to set up my design or layout of the card. Works great to get a visual of how your card will look finished. I just used different shapes to layer on the "card" and move them around till I liked the look. Then I did one card to see if I liked it and then proceeded to do an assembly line so to speak for the other 9 cards.


I used Stampin up Tempting turquoise, cameo coral,creamy caramel, and white for the cardstock. For the waves I glimmer misted them with turquoise spray then inked the wave pattern over it when it dried. The "sand" was torn paper that I dry embossed for texture and inked the edges. I also dry embossed my white background paper with the swirls embossing folder to give it a wave effect. Stamped my surf boards and cut them out. Then cut the sun from the cricut using accent essentials for the sun, then chalked with yellow and orange pearl chalks. Then stamped the sentiment on the sun. It is pop dotted on the card for dimension. I ended up really liking the color combination and the card. I always second guess my card making because I am not really comfortable making them, but the more that I do them the easier it gets!
Stay tuned for my cricut designs from the other girls in the group!

3 comments:

  1. You truly make the best cards!! The colors are very summer like and pretty. The textures also looked really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card dude! LOL! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures! Awesome embossing!

    ReplyDelete