Thursday, June 9, 2011

The View

This is my youngest Grand Daughter who is 3.  She kept doing this when ever I would get in the shower at their house.  It started in January and then when I visited a couple months later she kept it up.  I thought she would have forgotten about it.  Oh, no not her.  I knew I had to get pictures and scrap this...  One of those "only a Grandmother could love" faces  It is a simple layout but it captures the exact story I wanted to record.

For the title I mixed Nursery Rhymes font and tiny square alphabets, which I love!   I have an array of colors from many companies, Making Memories, Glitz, Cosmo Cricket and more.  They work so well when you want a longer title and have a smaller space.  Used them to put her name on the word bubble also.  I really like to put the Grand Child's name somewhere on the layout just in case the layouts are around years from now.


I had this idea of a women in the shower.  Now, I look nothing like that but hey one can dream. I cut the girl from Forever Young.  Used frosted vellum over the top.

The shower head and the towel are from Everyday Paper Dolls.  Flocked the towel for a little texture.

 Recording the moments of life are the most important part of scrapbooking for me.  Not just a photo but the whole story that goes with it.   I have included a blow up of the journaling.
I know some people hate to journal but I love it.  I use my laptop and print my text out on a piece of cheap paper then I use a removable adhesive to place the paper I want to print on over the previously printed cheap paper

5 comments:

  1. Oh Gigi - you out did yourself on this one. Precious......did you have your camera in the shower? I haven't figured that one out yet but it is darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaaaaa! It turned out fabulous! I love it!!!

    and I think the shower head is from New Arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! That towel looks real!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIGI! You really outdid yourself! What an awesome LO! Love the pictures and the shower!!! So So So great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser! This is amazing!!!! Truly the most adorable page! Can't believe how cute it is and all the little elements, right down to the flocked towel. Makes it look so real!

    ReplyDelete