Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cribbage

Hi, Marlene here. My project this time took a technique from http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2011/07/star-flowers.html and modified it for a Cricut. The original instructions call for a punch, but I wanted a different size and don't have any star punches. With George, I cut 2 each - 3 1/2 inch stars, 3 inches, 2 1/2 inches and 2 inches. I pinched the edges which worked well with the Cricut character because all of the edges were nice and pointy. I used Adirondik dabber paint, pool blue to color the edges of everything. The letters were cut out of actual cards using my deep cut blade and the Old West cart. All papers, etc were from the July Scraptastic Kit.


For all of the non-cribbage players, the rhetoric is as much a part of the game as the pegs. Points are counted in a certain order - 15 is worth 2 points, so 15 -2, 15-4 etc. If anyone only gets 4 points they say Ain't No More.

6 comments:

  1. You really came thru on this one Marlene! I love the star flower idea. Your LO has a lot of meaning for you and that makes it special. You mixed the patterned papers really well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout. The colors, the design -- everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!! I absolutely love your flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and I love that star flower....I must make one. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colors, the embellies and the paint on this LO! You did an amazing job, Marlene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fav page of mine, I really love the numbering style and the punched strip, but that flower really stands out, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete