Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Fancy Pants Card

Saturday was Megan's Birthday.  She ordered a set of Fancy Pants papers from a friend of ours who has a scrapbook store.  I had our friend put them on my bill  (yes, I have several items being held for me but don't tell) and wanted to come up with a card to say that.  So I thought fancy undies hanging on a clothes line. 

I stamped the background with a stamp that has birthday greeting on it.  Cut the sun from Designer's Calendar.  The clouds are from Bo Bunny's "Sun Kissed Sky."  Love that paper and that is sort of what started the order,  since I could not find any more of that paper here and I love to use it for clouds.  The clouds are printed with little stitches around them and are edged in different colors and all I have to do is cut them out.

I did a lot of layers with pop dots.   I used Forever Young for the panties, which Megan gave me for my birthday.  Shadowed them and hung them from twine from the Twinery, which Megan and I ordered together.  (There does seem to be some enabling here on both sides)  I added pearls and rhinestones since they were suppose to be fancy undies.  Used my Cri-Kits Markers to write the word Fancy Pants.  I love them even more than the markers since they write in a fine line.  Thanks Donna for reminding me to use them.  They are so easy and I need to use them more often. 


Hope you have enjoyed the projects this week,  Gigi

4 comments:

  1. This is as cute of a card as I have ever seen. Even nice because it has meaning. Great use of the circut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card!! I like that it has so much meaning and shows your lovely friendship with Megan. Also, proud that you mentioned me and my blogs posts last week on using the Cricut markers. This blog is so helpful with great ideas for us to use with the Cricut. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cute card! Love the fancy pants!!! What a great way to surprise Megan too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiny little panties are a really cute touch! I'm a now a follower on your blog! TFS

    Raina
    scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete