Sunday, August 7, 2011

Smile Layout

As some of you know my Granddaughter who is 7 has been very sick and in and out of the hospital this year.  She is on chemo and steroids so her appearance has changed.  She usually is a tiny wispy little thing and since she has noticed that she looks different now she does not like her picture taken.  So as this layout says, I bribed her with new flip flops that light up when she walks.


I used George and Basic Shapes for the circle and shadowing it.  The flip flops were done by Life Is a Beach. I inked them and  added little rhinestones on each one.  (A girl has to have bling)  For  the fonts I mixed a number of old alphas that I still have tons of.  Thanks to my E I do not buy many of them any more.   There is journaling but it is on the back since it talks about her illness and how she is feeling at this stage in her illness.  I also added stitching around the edge of the pattern paper and across the top of the ribbon.  The blue under the scallop is done with a punch.

Thanks for looking, Gigi

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute Gigi, bet she's glad you took the photo and made this special LO for her, love how you cut the flip flops out they look awesome, love the whole page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks beautiful and hope you will tell her I said so. Love the LO and the memory you have created. Glad you put the journalling on the back for her sake. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I had not signed out of the blog and the name posted wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable page and you did an excellent job on the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page...glad she posed for you. Kids are the best troopers when challenged..

    ReplyDelete